The magnet is a material or object that produces a magnetic field. This gives it the particular property of an attraction force on a ferromagnetic material.
A permanent magnet is that solid body which, beyond its geometrical limit, exhibits a permanent magnetic field without any energy input from its exterior, after having previously been subjected to magnetization with a magnetic field applied from its outside.
Permanent lifting magnets are used for the lifting and handling of flat or circular ferromagnetic materials (sheets, pipes, etc.). They are used in warehouses of metallurgical materials, in production workshops, in the steel industry, in the plastics industry when changing molds from injection molds.
Advantages permanent magnets:
- Extremely competitive price
- The magnet is permanent, so it does not consume over time
- Works without a power source
- No load lifting cables or straps are required.
- The products are designed to withstand in time.
- Minimum maintenance
The industry's leading technology are electro-permanent magnets providing increased performance, flexibility and full safety. They grip, transport and disengage cargo very lightly, always operating above the cargo, without compressing it and without deforming it. This solution combines the power of the classic electromagnet with the permanent magnet autonomy. The dual reversible permanent magnet operation principle uses the power supply only for cycles of a few seconds, namely in the magnetizing and demagnetizing phase.
It is the ideal solution for steel companies, for steel distributors, for mechanical workshops, for construction works, for shipyards.
Advantages electro-permanent magnets:
- Allows magnetic grip at low thickness, lifting one plate, making unnecessary classical separating lamellas between a load and another.
- Provides intrinsic safety, being insensitive to power outages
- Due to the high energy permanent magnets, the load stays firmly in place.
- Provides 95% energy savings compared to an ordinary electromagnetic lifting device.
- Operates safely for people and equipment, without space or time limitations
- No other staff is required for cargo fastening / suspension operations.